Celebrate this festive occasion with a toast of wine. Here are ideas on wine gift baskets you can present to your friends and loved ones on special occasions.
Wine Gift Baskets Ideas
Wines are classy gifts. They add special essence to
your occasions. The right choices of wines are real treats for the wine
lovers. On occasions like weddings, anniversaries and birthdays, wines
are inevitable items. Even the New Year and festivals like Christmas are
unimaginable without wine. However choosing the right wine for right
occasion is not an easy task as it seems. It is really difficult to
choose the right variety until and unless you are an expert about the
type and favor of wine. French wines are considered to be the classiest
wines of all. In case you are planning to gift some one with classy wine
gift baskets, here is something you can refer to
Gifting Wine Gift Baskets
- The best occasions to gift wine gift basket are New Year,
Christmas Eve and anniversary.
- You can also gift wines on engagement ceremony, bachelor's or
hen's party or on the wedding day.
- Always buy a good quality of wine. There would be nothing more
awful as a gift than a bad quality wine.
- If you are not an expert about wine quality, seek someone's help
before picking up a wine basket from the store.
- Gift a wine in accordance to the taste of the person you are
Selecting the right wine
- There are basically two types of wine based on the colors of the
grape used. Red wine is processed from red and black grapes while
white wines are processed from white grapes.
- The most popular variety of red wine cabernet sauvignon.
Cognoscenti will let you know that the best cabernet sauvignon types
of wine are only from the Bordeaux region of France.
- Merlot, Grenache, Pinot Noir and Zinfandel are other popular
variety of red wine. They all have very specific taste. Merlot is
chocolaty-cherry taste while Grenache has a little raspberry flavor.
- The most-purchased popular types of white wine are Chardonnays.
They have a fruity tastes mixed in with clues of vanilla.
- Chenin Blancs is another popular vaiety of white wine.
Accessorizing Wine Baskets
Apart from wine you can gift several other items related to wine as a
gift item. Here is a list of few.
- People who are very specific about wine are also very specific
about the wine glass in which they are served. There is a particular
set of rules according to which a wine is served. Like red wine is
preferred in a wine glass with a larger bowl and white wines in a
smaller bowl. So you can choose right pair of glasses with a
particular wine to complete the wine basket.
- If you are gifting someone a bottle of Chardonnay, accessorize
your basket with toasted sesame crackers, a chocolate bar, beef
salami, and Cabernet.
- A dozen of flute glasses with champagne and sparkling wines are
also considered a good accessory.
- If you are gifting wine on some wedding or anniversary
accessorize it with spa accessories to give a romantic feel.
- You can make a combination of crunchy apples with tangy oranges
and sweet fruit jellies or basil cheese spread, toasted sesame
crackers, jumbo cashews, Spanish olives to accessorize a casual wine
Comment On This Article