Marriage is a social custom and gifts and presents are an integral part of this celebration. Here are some tips on selecting the right kind of gift for the occasion.
Wedding Gift Ideas
Wedding marks the beginning of a new phase of life of
two people. An auspicious occasion, it has much more meaning to it, than
just being a ceremony attended by friends and relatives. It is a
commitment that two people make, to understand and love each other and
be at the side through thick and thin of life. Giving gifts at weddings
is a practice that can be trace back to centuries. Friends and
relatives, who attend the ceremony, bring along with them gifts to
present to the newly wed couple. Through gifts, they express their joy
and also shower their choicest blessing on the couple. There are a
number of gifts, which you can give to the newly weds. Right from
utility items to keepsakes to travel packages, the list goes endless. To
know more about the gift ideas that you can present to the newly weds,
browse through the following lines.
Gift Ideas For Wedding
- Jewelry is the most preferred gift item for wedding. Depending on
your budget, you can get gold, silver, platinum, diamond, pearl,
sapphire, ruby or even semi precious stone jewelry. While there are
umpteen options for the bride, for the groom you can go for gold or
platinum tiepins, cuff links, chain and ring.
- Honeymoon package is yet another wonderful gift option for the
newly-weds. Give them travel voucher to a destination they would
love to go.
- Book a 5-Star hotel room for the couple for their first night.
Make sure you get the room beautifully decorated with aroma candles
and flowers, giving it a sensuous feel.
- If the couple is shifting to a new house or a new city, household
items such as television, refrigerator, microwave oven, food
processor, washing machine, etc would make great gift items.
- Furniture can be a very good gift option. Nowadays, furniture is
available in umpteen varieties such as wood, wrought iron, leather,
and so on. Gift the newly married couple a bed, sofa set or a dining
table, depending on the home décor as well as the size of
- Crockery and cutlery set qualify as one of the popular gift items
for the bride and the groom.
- Toiletries for the groom and make up kit for the bride are
perfect gift options for the newly weds.
- In case, you want to give the bride and the groom couple gift
items, watches and perfumes would serve as the best struck deal.
- Travel luggages that are both trendy and stylish would go on to
make great gift options. Get a suitcase set that contains 3 or 4
suitcase of varying sizes.
- Among the generic gift items you can go for decorative showpieces
such as crystal ware, antique pieces, oil paintings and decorative
night lamp, photo frames, etc.
- Bed spreads, blankets and bed sheets are good ideas to explore
when it comes to gifts for the newly weds.