Retirement is that phase in a person's life when he or she thinks that they have no mission in life no work to be done. So to make them feel special and important here are some gifts and presents ideas to be gifted on retirement.
Retirement Gift Ideas
Moving out of the 9 to 5 schedule generates mixed
feelings. While some people have dreamed of retirement right from their
first day in the workplace, there are others, who loath to stop working
and wonder what they would do with all the spare time. Either way, the
transition from 9 to 5 to do-whatever-you-please is a major shift and
one that is frequently marked with a great deal of fanfare. Retirement
is a new adventure in everybody's life. It's not uncommon for retirees
to be honored with parties given by their company, their family or both.
Gifts that will be enjoyed during the carefree years ahead are
frequently part of such a celebration. While selecting gifts for
retirement we have to keep certain things in mind like what her his or
her hobbies, interests, sex, etc. Here we have listed gift ideas, which
you can try out while giving someone as a retirement gift.
Present & Gift Ideas For Retirement
- After years of slogging and working hard, the best gift
post-retirement would be to present the retiree, travel voucher to a
destination where he or she always longed to go. A long holiday
would give the retiree a good opportunity to take some time out, on
- Another excellent option would be to present the retiree with a
timepiece. Most companies today, gift an exquisitely crafted
timepiece, an evidence of appreciation by the company, to the years
of service rendered by the retiree.
- The company can present the retiree stocks or bonds on his/her
retirement. Apart from providing financial security, these bonds
would be a definite proof of the progress made by the company after
the years of service offered.
- It's only after retirement that people have enough time to tend
to their needs and take care of their health. You can gift them a
gym membership or send him/her on a spa treatment in a health care
- For retirees who indulge in morning and evening walks, the best
bet would be to get them a tracksuit and a pair of jogging shoes.
- You can also select gifts, according to the hobbies and interests
of the people. For those who are voracious reader, gift them a
lifetime membership to a good library. If he or she likes golf, then
you can present them golf gears. For a music lover you can gift a
personal stereo or a Walkman, which is portable with a collection of
his or her favorite music cassettes and CD's.
- Retirees, who have a large garden at the backside or at the front
of the house, gifting him/her books on gardening, gardening tools or
equipments and garden supplies would make a perfect gift option.
- You can also gift them books on ideas how to do some work staying
at home. It will be a wonderful gift item, as they will get some
ideas to do some jobs or business staying at home.
- Making an album or file of his or her achievements cannot be
ruled out. This would make a token of appreciation of his/her
- Among the generic gift items, bouquet of flowers with a box of
chocolate and cookies can also be give along with a card conveying
the message that how dear he or she was in office and among his or
- The company can gift him/her a souvenir with his name and the
period of service in the company engraved on it. It will be gifted
as a token of appreciation.
- A case of fine wine, along with a case of cigar can make
excellent gift options. Every time the retiree takes a puff from the
cigar or has a sip from the fine wine, he would remember as well as